An American tourist in Australia demanded emergency surgery last week after being unknowingly attacked a random attack, Australian media reported.
Attempts were made to find the suspect, the reports said.
] The unidentified 32-year-old victim is a travel musician visiting Melbourne, the authorities say. He walked away from a tram just before midnight. 1
US DEATH OF BODY AND ARROW VALUE TRIBES PRESENTING VISIT REMOTE INDIAN ISLAND
"It seems to be unmotivated at this time. The victim is clearly seen. And we don't know why at this time, "Victoria Police It. Senior Constable Matthew Coleiro told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. "He strikes him to the point that he is unconscious, hovering over him and seems to be fooling him. When he regains consciousness, he continues again the attack until he is unconscious again, hovering over him again and leaving him in the middle of the road unconsciously. "
The man regained consciousness and found help from a passerby 30 minutes later. He underwent two operations to stop bleeding in his brain and repair a broken jaw. Coleiro said the man also suffered some memory loss.
He was expected to fly home on Saturday after spending six weeks in Australia.
"His family has been reported abroad. He has no other genuine support network in this country," Coleiro told the network.
CLICK HERE TO GET FOX NEWS APP
Investigators undergo surveillance recordings that captured the attack.
"Hopefully we can find out who this person is and he gets some reassurance and some comfort in it," Coleiro said.