ABU DHABI – MMA Junkie was on stage reporting live when the Warriors took the scale at the official UFC on ESPN + 38 weighing on Yas Island.
Both main fighters gained weight in their untitled match featherweight, with both Brian Ortega (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) and Chan Sung Jung (16-5 MMA, 6-2 UFC) hitting the 146-pound non-title limit, though the former arrived and looked markedly different, after shaving his head before going on the scale.
The two co-main event fighters also hit the weight without a hitch as flyweight candidates Jessica Andrade (20-8 MMA, 11-6 UFC) and Katlyn Chookagian (14-3 MMA, 7-3 UFC) both hit 1
Former two-division KSW champion Mateusz Gamrot (17-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) also negotiated his first UFC weigh-in effortlessly and he roared his approval when the commissioner confirmed he weighed 156 pounds and was ready to presented introductory card games with Guram Kutateladze (11-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) tipping the scale at the same weight.
The full UFC on ESPN + 38 weigh-in results include:
MAIN CARD (ESPN +, 7 p.m. ET)
- Brian Ortega (146) vs. Chan Sung Jung (146)
- Jessica Andrade (126) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (126)
- Modestas Bukauskas (206) vs. Jimmy Crute (206)
- James Krause (171) vs. Claudio Silva (171)
- Thomas Almeida (146) vs. Jonathan Martinez (146)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN +, 4 p.m.)
- Mateusz Gamrot (156) vs. Guram Kutateladze (156)
- Poliana Botelho (125) vs. Gillian Robertson (125.5)
- Jun Yong Park (185) vs. John Phillips (186)
- Jamie Mullarkey (156) vs. Fares Ziam (156)
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov (206) vs. Maxim Grishin (205.5)
- Said Nurmagomedov (136) vs. Mark Striegl (136)