Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ 20 women accuse ‘Doctor Who’ actress Noel Clarke of sexual misconduct

20 women accuse ‘Doctor Who’ actress Noel Clarke of sexual misconduct



In a damning new exposure by the Guardian, actor Noel Clarke “Doctor Who” and “Kidulthood” have been accused of sexually abusing 20 women. In response, the British Academy of Film and Television Arts has suspended the British actor’s membership.

The charges against the actor-producer include “sexual harassment, unwanted touch or groping, sexually inappropriate behavior and comments on stage, professional misconduct, recording and sharing sexually explicit images and videos without consent and bullying between 2004 and 2019,” the newspaper reported.

Earlier this month, BAFTA had awarded Clarke (45) its prestigious award for outstanding British contribution to cinema. The award was reportedly the last straw for many of his prosecutors, who have since been made public with their accusations of his abuse of industrial power to repeatedly harass his female colleagues, according to the Guardian.

Clarke vehemently denies the allegations, and BAFTA admits that they received anonymous tips regarding the allegations, but insists it did not have sufficient evidence to investigate.

“No first-hand accusations were sent to us. No names, times, dates, productions or other details were ever given, “the academy told CNN. “We very much regret that women felt unable to give us the kind of first-hand testimony that has now appeared in The Guardian … If we had received this, we would never have presented the award to Noel Clarke.”

;

Clarke categorically denied all allegations presented to him by the Guardian, allowing only that he once made inappropriate comments about a prosecutor, whom he says he later apologized for.

“In a 20-year career, I have put inclusion and diversity at the forefront of my work and never received a complaint about me,” he said in a statement. “If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologize. I vehemently deny any sexual offense or misdemeanor and intend to defend myself against these false accusations. ”

Noel Clarke has denied the allegations and announced he will
Noel Clarke has denied the allegations and announced he will “seek professional help.”
Sky UK Limited / CW

Clarke’s representation did not immediately return Posten’s own request for comment.

The actor also told the Associated Press on Friday that he was “seeking professional help” in a separate statement.

“I vehemently deny any sexual offense or criminal offense. Recent reports, however, have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways that I did not intend or realize. For these people, I am deeply sorry. I want to seek professional help to educate myself and change for the better, ”Clarke told AP.

In response to the Guardian’s article, BAFTA issued a statement saying they “suspended” his honorary award.

“In light of the Guardian’s piece, which for the first time provided detailed accounts for Bafta outlining serious allegations regarding Noel Clarke’s conduct, we have immediately suspended the award and Noel Clarke’s membership of Bafta until further notice,” the statement said.


Source link