قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ 12-year-old girl develops meat-eating bacteria after swimming on Florida Beach

12-year-old girl develops meat-eating bacteria after swimming on Florida Beach



A 12-year-old girl is developing after developing a life-threatening carnivorous disease after visiting a beach in Florida.

Kylei and her family went to a beach in Destin, Florida in early June, according to Fox59. When the family returned to Indiana, the girl began to feel pain in her leg.

When they came back, Brown reminded WFLA: "Monday we wake up to begin our day, and Kylei wakes up and she has pain in her calves on her right leg."

Later, "I had to put her on back and carry her around, "she said.

Her legs were swollen and she had a fever, according to the report. Brown called a doctor who told her to take the girl to the emergency room.

"When they told me, we had to go home and pack bags and come to Riley [Hospital for Children, in Indianapolis] my anxiety went from 0 to 110," she told Fox59. "I knew something was wrong."

Doctors believed she had blood clots, but "her blood pressure was about to fall," Michelle told the station. "It was rough."

Medical staff expected her to have necrotizing fasciitis, which is when soft tissue falls. This is because bacteria enter the bloodstream and the body.

"When they did MRI, on her calf, they began to notice that the infection had begun to spread and run pretty fast through the body," Brown told the WFLA.

Kylei then underwent emergency surgery to stop the infection, the Fox report said.

"Hopefully, the emergency operation should save its leg, but more importantly to save its life," Brown said. "If it wasn't for quick answers and aggressive treatments, we wouldn't have her … It's hard for me to think about whether I was waiting a day or even a few hours. We are just very lucky." [19659002] According to WFLA, doctors found an infection behind the knee, making her condition critical.

"They took her in an emergency operation trying to remove the infection from her leg and they were trying to save her legs and rescue her because the infection was moving so fast," Brown said.

Kylei spent about a week in the hospital and was sent home where she is now recovering.

"I have told my mother several times that I just want to be normal again with my leg," said Kylei Fox affiliate.

Brown issued a warning to other parents not to let their children swim in open water with cuts and scrapes.

"It's just so hard to see friends and family on the beach having fun because we were doing the same thing and I almost lost her," she said.

The affected mother also sent pictures of the girl's infection on Facebook.

"The storms from the earlier days had shaken up in the sea and it was not as clear as it usually is. The water looked dark. We were only allowed in the water for our ankles because the waves were large and undertow was too dangerous. We made the best of it and had a lovely day at the beach, "she wrote on the social media page.

According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, aggressive infection kills one out of every three people who get it.

"Accurate diagnosis, rapid antibiotic treatment, and rapid surgery are important for stopping this infection. See a doctor right away if you have fever, dizziness or nausea shortly after injury or surgery," warns the agency on its website.

It says that burns, cuts, scrapes, insect bites, surgical wounds and puncture wounds can lead to the infection.


Source link